How to open Mobi files on PC? And what about EPUB files?
In this article, we’ve got you covered.
Buying a book from a website and reading it on your PC is a pretty easy process. It is also great because you do not have to wait for your book to arrive in the mail! You can download it and start reading immediately.
But what if the book file won’t open?
Below we’ve outlined the steps you need to take in order to open Mobi and EPUB files on your PC.
What are .mobi and EPUB files?
A .mobi file is an extension that was designed specifically for reading ebooks. The main use of mobifiles is for Amazon Kindle. Mobi files can be read on your PC. Many people use a Kindle, but using your PC is still an option.
EPUB is short for electronic publication. You can download EPUB files to your computer so that you can read them on your PC. The latest version of EPUB (EPUB 3.2) had built-in support for embedded interactivity, audio, and video. It is great to have so that you can access free library books online.
How to Open Mobi Files on PC
- In order to open a Mobi file, you need to save the file first. Save it to a location that you will be able to find and access easily.
- Download and install Kindle for PC. If you do not have an Amazon account you will need to sign up for a free account first.
- Once you have a Kindle for PC, go to the Mobi file and right-click on it. Choose “Open with” and select “Kindle for PC”. This will open the e-book.
How to Open an EPUB File
- Save the EPUB file to your PC in a location you will be able to find and access easily.
- Download Adobe Digital Editions and install it on your PC. If you do not have an Adobe account you will need to set up your free account first.
- Once you have Adobe Digital Editions, go to the EPUB file and right-click on it. Choose “Open with” and select “Adobe Digital Editions.” This will open the e-book.
How to Unzip a File
In case the file you have downloaded is zipped, here is a short guide on how to unzip it.
Zipped files are compressed files and folders which make larger documents easier to store.
A file that is zipped (or compressed) will have the file extension “.zip.” at the end of the file name. Most PCs will have built-in software for opening zipped files.
You can use the built-in software or use third-party software such as WinZip.
- Download the file.
- Right-click the zip file. Select “Extract all.” You will then choose where you want to extract the files.
What other programs open .mobi files?
There are a few programs that can open .mobi files:
- Sumatra PDF
- Mobi File Reader
- Mobipocket Reader
What online tools can be used to open EPUB files?
EPUB Files can be opened using the following programs:
- Adobe Digital Editions
- Apple Books
- EPUB File Reader
- Stanza Desktop
- Sumatra PDF
We hope we’ve helped you and now you know how to open Mobi files on your PC. Let us know in the comments if you have any questions or go to our home page to find more interesting content.